Economics and Industry Development Division [EID] is responsible for disseminating information on the performance of the Malaysian oil palm industry and undertaking economic research and statistical analysis on production, marketing and new technologies in the oil palm in industry.
The Division comprises of four units:
- Techno-Economics Research Unit
- Industry Development Unit
- Trade Development Unit
- International Trade Unit
To enhance and support the well-being of the Malaysian oil palm industry through the dissemination of timely, reliable and comprehensive data and economic research findings as well as market information.
- To conduct research on the economics of production, downstream processing, marketing of the Malaysian palm oil industry.
- To ensure compliance of conditions imposed on the license regarding the registration of contracts and submission of monthly statements (PL forms).
- To disseminate comprehensive, accurate and timely industry and market information.
- To provide inputs for the establishment of the national palm oil development policy.