- Obtain regular economic data from producers, manufacturers/processors, dealers and other related parties in the oil palm industry.
- Collate, analyse and summarize the data into meaningful information to reflect the status and performance of the various sectors of the industry.
- Implement the registration of contract regulation and ensure the compliance of conditions imposed on the license regarding submission of Custom declaration forms
- Disseminate comprehensive, accurate and timely information on the domestic, exports and world oils and fats market situation to facilitate trade decision.
- Conduct research on the economics of production, downstream processing, marketing and new technologies in the palm oil industry in Malaysia and other producing countries.
- Provide inputs for the establishment of national palm oil development policy