Industry Development Unit
To disseminate timely, reliable and relevant economic and market information of the Malaysian oil palm industry to the various sectors of the industry in particular and the public in general.
- To obtain regular economic data from the producers, manufacturers /processors, dealers and other relevant parties in the oil palm industry.
- To collate, analyze and summarize the data into meaningful information to reflect on the status and performance of the various sectors of the industry.
- To plan and implement any strategic operation undertaken by the government on a country-wide basis for the benefit of the oil palm industry in particular and the public in general.
- Monitoring of the status, performance and progress of the various sector of the oil palm industry so that the pro-active plans, measures and policies would be implemented for the well-being and growth of the industry.
The Unit gather various information such as:
Information on the planted area, replanted area, fresh fruit bunch [FFB] production, FFB yield and oil yield from registered estates, independent smallholders and labours.
Data on monthly production of planting materials, FFB, crude palm oil, processed palm oil products and oleochemical products.
Data on monthly receipt of raw materials, the utilization capacity, the oil extraction rate and palm kernel recovery rate of mill, refineries, kernel crusher factories and oleochemical plants.
Data on monthly stock position of oil palm planting materials, palm oil and other oil palm products.
- Utilization of storage capacity
The monthly utilization storage capacity of the bulking installations, mill, refineries, oleochemical plants and crushing factory.
- Utilization of the Production Capacity of Oleochemical Plants
All the information can be viewed in MPOB website and Division publications such as Palm Oil Update, Review of the Malaysian Oil Palm Industry and Malaysian Oil Palm Statistics.
Any enquiries regarding: