- Conduct research on the economics of production, downstream processing, marketing and new technologies in the palm oil industry in Malaysia and other producing countries.
- Conduct research to understand and forecast key variables related to palm oil and other oils & fats
- Undertake economic assessments and provide information to assist policy decision-making
- Obtain regular economic data from producers, manufacturers/processors, dealers and other related parties in the oil palm industry.
- Collate, analyze and summarize the data into meaningful information to reflect the status and performance of the various sectors of the industry
- Plan and implement any strategic operation undertaken by the government on country-wide basis for the benefit of the oil palm industry in particular and public in general.
- Implement the registration of contract regulation and ensure the compliance of conditions imposed on the license regarding submission of Custom declaration forms.
- Disseminate comprehensive, accurate and timely information on the domestic, export and world oils and fats market situation to facilitate trade decision.
- Provide inputs for the establishment of national palm oildevelopment policy